It is truly amazing the garbage spewing forth from Republicans’ keyboards over the loss they suffered on Tuesday. This article (The Delusional Explanations For The Republican Loss) addresses some of the crap. The sheer volume of wild-eyed terror from their camp is borderline amusing, except they actually believe it. The reason Romney lost is that he was a lying liar from start to finish, and he had NO PLAN just promises. Obama worked hard and accomplished a lot to earn a second term.
But the Republican camp is blaming everything BUT their own shortcomings. Karl Rove accuses Obama of taking a page from the Republican playbook by trying to suppress the vote. Romney said his campaign lost momentum from Hurricane Sandy. And on and on.
This great summary of “why the Republicans lost” is found down in the comments below the article:
Judy Lindholm · Top Commenter
Why are the Republicans so damn surprised they lost? They took the Universe of potential voters and then Mitt started skimming them off by groups:
(1) voters who lost trust in him when he refused to release his tax returns
(2) voters who were offended by Ann because she referred to them as “you people”
(3) voters who wanted more details on what tax deductions he planned to eliminate
(4) 47%’ers who do not, by the way, want free stuff
(5) woman voters who feared losing health care choices
(6) 3 million woman who use Planned Parenthood as a last result for healthcare
(7) working woman voters who work 3 jobs to support their children who were offended by Ann comparing her privileged lifestyle to theirs
(8) People of color who took offense to the campaigns constant racially tainted criticism – oh, and for your information, the President is NOT lazy
(9) Mitt constantly telling voting groups what he thought they wanted to hear and flip-flopping at the speed of light
(10) voters embarrassed by Mitt’s behavior at the Olympics
(11) voters who don’t believe corporations are people
(12) anxious mothers with children who have preexisting conditions whose health care Mitt planned to cut
(13) environmentally concerned voters who long to have a fact based conversation about climate change before implementing the Keystone pipeline
(14) voters offended by Mitt’s politicizing the Benghazi tragedy
(15) Voters who feared for their children’s future when Ann casually mentioned that oh –by the way we will get rid of public education
(16) Voters who, remembering the Bush promises, were astounded by Mitt’s completely delusional belief that more tax cuts for the upper income groups would create jobs and other than tax cuts – he had no other solutions to the jobless recovery
(17) voters concerned about Mitt’s schizophrenic claim that government does not create jobs while criticizing the current administration for not creating jobs
(18) Muslim American voters who Mitt offended by his uneducated views of the on-going Palestinian refugee crises
(19) Woman voters who have suffered the humiliation of rape wanting Mitt to come to their defense when his Vice President of choice declares rape a form of contraception
(20) voters who got tired of Mitt’s lies about Jeep plants moving to China, only they weren’t or President Obama changing welfare requirements –only he didn’t.
(21) Voters who think it is a privilege to pay taxes to this great nation of ours and take offense to the Swiss bank accounts and tax loopholes.
(22) Voters who are scared to death to let the NeoCons back into power and create more opportunities for war profits.
(23) Young Latino voters who don’t think it is in the best interest of their families for their parents to ‘self deport’
(24) Voters who took offense to Ann equating 2 years of Mormon Missionary service in posh locations to Military combat service
(25) voters who don’t think that cutting arts funding or PBS to save.000085% of the budget is the kind of big solution thinking that will fix the deficit
(26) voters who don’t appreciate jokes about the rising ocean while watching their houses float down the street
(27) voters who think privatizing FEMA is about as insane a proposal ever made by politician
(28) voters who think a politician who wants to double down on the failed drug policies of the 80’s is burying their head in the sand is out of touch.
(29) voters who long for their Gay family members to have their civil rights given to them
(30) voters lost their homes because of the excessive greed of our financial institutions that don’t think the market should ‘just work out the problem’ and think regulations put in place need to stay where they are.
I would go on but hopefully the Republicans get the picture. There is no ONE reason they lost. Quite frankly, they are fortunate their situation isn’t worse. You can’t tell me that a good number of people standing in those long lines either left to go home out of necessity or failed endurance. You can’t tell me that if the Republicans had not gerrymandered the congressional districts that the Democrats would also be in control of the House. After the Republican Party’s effective voter skimming campaign this election cycle – is it any wonder Republicans are now the party of delusional white people? The Right is so blinded by a sense of privilege and FOX Newsitis that they have completely lost their ability to see the reality in front of them.